Obviously I spend a lot of time on the internet learning as much as I can about bike polo. While there is nothing "official" about our sport it does lead to all sorts of d.i.y. organization and documentation. See for bikepolo.ca and hardcourtbikepolo.com for example. Video is my favorite. You can tell so much about a city and their club from watching a video of their pickup or tournament. Just the variation in courts and the surrounding scenery is awesome to see, let alone the different types of bikes and styles of play.
Anyway, here's a bunch of sweet videos I've run across the past few months.
Minneapolis BFF tournament
- great music. also the location of the Midwesterns happening in May 2010.
Brenden's film about London Bike Polo
-great 'what is bike polo' type film, really well done
Pickup at the Pit in NYC
Los Angeles tournament
- long but well done video montage.
- (their editing is better than their playing ;)
Ben Hunter @ COMO video
- awesome Madison player who tends to fall down a lot
btw, almost all the videos by Mr.Do are worth watching.
Paris BFF tournament
Milwaukee vs. Philadelphia at the NYC in Mad tournament
- full length games are the shit, but usually limited to one person's view. imagine if there was ESPN quality games and highlights from bike polo matches!?!
Northside Bike Polo Invite
- point of view recording set to jazz music.
Kremin, my hero - by Mr.Do
- hilarious. highlights of kremin from the MKE 2v2 set to star wars music, complete with laser noises!
Oxford, England tournament
- 9 minute long german language news coverage of bike polo in the UK. I'm posting this because even though I don't speak German I've watched the entire 9 minutes. Twice.
European Championships in London
- well done overview of the biggest tourney in Europe. won by three guys from Geneva wearing suspenders.
If you actually watched all of these videos, you know you take bike polo way to seriously. Seriously.
Match in Indy on the 1st! I'm glad my first day of the new decade will be spent playing bicycle polo.